Saturday, August 7, 2010

birthday edition

So the boys woke me at 4 am to show me some Duplo creations they made me. a giant walkie-talkie and a pirate boat. they had been up since 2. so i was gracious in my confused haze. they are asleep now after swimming a lot today in one of the 5 or 6 pools here in the compound.

had a surprise champagne brunch thrown for me this AM (thanks Bear--planning began in June). then a 3 hour nap after swimming. made grilled cheese sandwiches and walked to Coldstone for ice cream tonight. Cardinals won for me too, yay-er!

bed now. pics tomorrow. beautiful here. warm but not nasty hot. blue skies. saw stars tonight, even. apartment is sweet, painter did a fab job.

thanks for all the birthday wishes. it is nice to know the distance means nothing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment