Saturday, September 20, 2008

now this is more like it...

I don't have any pics to add, but you get the idea of what the boys look like, and really, Gary and I look the same as you remember~  I must tell about my day.  Now, after firing crazy nanny from hell, we have entered a new era...I will call it the time of SUPERAWESOMENANNY.  Gary and Des left for the sporting goods store, and I left Emm at home with Lyn, our new nanny (she's Filipina, speaks quite fluent English).  I went to Starbucks (only the 2nd time since I've been here) and got an ice coffee, and sat outside, reading my book.  Then I went to the fancy spa at the Shanghai Racquet Club, got a pedi and a leg wax.  Came home to a peaceful, clean house and a happy kid.  After naps and dinner, Gary called a massage service that comes to your home.  Shirley showed up at 7...I spent an hour on the bed, and Shirley kicked ass.  Run for your money, Chrissy, except I'm worried about this baby oil...it smells really weird.  Gar switched places at 8, and I took over reading to the kids.  Ahhhhh....by the way, the awesome hour-long massage delivered to our door?  90 RMB, around 13, 14 bucks.  Tip:  come visit us in China.  You'll be tired after the long flight, but you'll really like Shirley.


2 comments:

  1. so great that you're "roughin' it" China style with the nanny, pedi, massage combo. Is this what the Peace Corps was like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the polish colors were very sparse in my village, the leg waxing was archaic, and the starbucks in my village never really tasted "right," you know? so yeah, it's a tad fancier here.--sarah

    ReplyDelete