Sunday, November 8, 2009

november already

Life flies by us here in Shanghai. Halloween was fun, and it never fails to amaze me how quickly the kids forget about ALL THAT candy they had just one night earlier. Not that it was all quality candy, mind you. Desserts are one of the few foods here that consistently disappoint. I guess, coming from the USA, there ain't a country in the world I could move to and say, "wow, they like sweets even more than we do."

Briefly, as it's bedtime:

1. boys started doing wu shu (martial arts) this week. pretty fun to watch. I'll get at least a photo up here soon.

2. go Cats! Way to beat Iowa and ruin their season. That's what they deserve for having all those nasty pork farms. what with the acres of poop and all...gross

3. we're excited that Auntie Katie will be here in 5 weeks. And word has it that Auntie Erica just bought her ticket for February, so we'll show her around for New Year's. Chinese, that is. Aunties on the way!

4. Musically, we're listening to a lot of Afroman lately. If you miss the dirty-but-harmless party rap of the 80s, you should definitely check out his "The Good Times." Feel free to e-request a sample. Side note to record companies: I never share music illegally. (far as you know)

5. I'll post some pics from campus tomorrow. Still the only place I can get em thru. My hope that internet censorship would lighten up post-60th National Day are for naught.

take care, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment