Saturday, April 5, 2008

...staff, parents and the Class of 2008: (what do I say next?)

Hi to all (meaning both) readers of this blog. I need your help. The Beaverton High School graduating class of 2008 has voted me as their graduation speaker. I have less than 2 months to prepare. I have little idea what I'll say. Do you remember any good things about any of the commencement speeches you've heard? Quotes, style, gimmicks, topics--I'll draw inspiration from whatever I can get my hands on. My goal is to be 1/1200th as good as Conan O'Brien was when he delivered this one at Harvard in 2000:

email me any help you can...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gary,

    This lecture is very inspirational!

    http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say congrats for being selected! Super-coolio!

    A topic that is most inspirational to me right now is brain stuff. Discovering the ability to move your brain function left & be happier. Not really high school grad stuff, but maybe? It could/should be?

    I dunno. Just saw this cool vid on ted. Maybe you can make a correlation. xoxo, eb

    http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

    ReplyDelete