Monday, July 29, 2013

Grab-Bag! What's been going on, mid-summer edition.

  • We saw Weird Al Yankovic in concert at the Oregon Zoo. My favorite songs were "White & Nerdy," "Party in the CIA" and "Another Tattoo." But my most favorite was "White & Nerdy."


It was a little sunny at the zoo.


We have been house-sitting for various people, including our friends Patty and Matt. They have a dog named Goya. I cuddled him and we walked him and fed him. One of my favorite parts was when I called him silly names like Goofy Doofy Old Man. Cuz he was pretty old, like 14.



My brother and I went to 2 sleepovers. One of them was with our cousins. The most important part about the first sleepover: we watched TONS OF TV. The other was with our grandparents. The most important part of the second sleepover: I got my own skateboard. Thank you to Larry and Linda.


Photographed in SkateVision. (Just turn your head.)


Something new has started. We have been doing family meetings to plan the week. I am excited (me, Emmett) that we are planning the week. At the first meeting we ever had, I said "Skyping (my friend) Mia" is something I want to do this week. A couple days later, I Skyped Mia and so did Desi. It was nice to see her.
The Meeting (Mom is rocking a To Do list in Evernote on her phone)
The Skyping

A couple weeks ago we went to look at someone's trailer, called a Go (his name was Kani). We found out how to use it, then we ordered one. Yesterday, we saw it. It was awesome. The awesomest feature is it pops out to make a tent. We are going to be living with it on the road. We are going to be home schooled. Yaaay No School!


Kani's (such attentive listeners!)
Ours (pardon the dorky smile)





I have been creating a book on this app called Explain Everything, on my iPad mini. It's about me as an alien. The working title is "Emmyloulou from Snarfgrass." Look for it on the blog soon.

5 comments:

  1. Loved your blog Em! It makes me so happy to see what you are doing. I miss you so much. Thanks for the super update.

    Can't wait to see you on your skateboard. Zooming all over the neighborhood.

    Are you going to have a sleepover in your new camper? That could be fun, in your own driveway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping for a tent sleepover soon, with the cousins. Will post if it happens!

      Delete
  2. Family meetings sound awesome. Lookin' good in the NU gear, too. I love making lists, so tell your mom that I feel her on that. Evernote rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting #2 just went off yesterday, look for a recap soon. And yes, Evernote rocks

      Delete
    2. Fun fact, Jos--that hoodie was purchased in 1993 with A&O funds and meant for De La Soul. Long story short, Cary opted to give it to me. (something about me being a better rapper, maybe?)
      20 years on, and it's in perfect shape. Hence the brand name: Champion.

      Delete