Thursday, April 22, 2010

Power Down! ... and READ! Week

This week, the elementary school asks kids to not watch TV or movies, not play video games, and not use the computer. Instead, they are to read a lot more than usual. Well, at our house the TV is off during the school week anyway. But for Mom and Dad, who wanted to model good screen-free habits, it has been hard to stay off the computer at home. Clearly we have gotten used to lots of online time. But I am proud to say that I have gone without a baseball game or even so much as a box score since Sunday! I have no idea how the Cardinals did against whoever they played after the Mets series. I can't speak for Sarah, but I know I have not caught her online except for one time.

Now that the weather is nice, we've been outdoors more. Desi likes playing catch or watching the older neighbor kids skateboard. As do I.

Note: the youtube video of the lost tooth is now public. check it out here

Emmy had his SAS visitation day yesterday. Here is the big boy now, getting his mug shot taken:



Should be a fun weekend. Downtown for dumplings tomorrow, adults only. Then baseball on Sunday--coaching Desi and a bunch of other 6-7 year olds is hard work. I could never teach elementary school...

Pray for sun!

1 comment: